Day: Thursday, January 20, 2022
Time: 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Location: Western University of Health Sciences, Virtual Hall
Refund Policy: Requests for refunds will be processed up to 7 days before the course. There is a $25 processing fee. No refunds will be given less than 7 days before the course or for non-attendance.
Topic: Promoting a Climate of Multicultural Awareness through Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion: DNPs Creating Justice in Nursing Education and Practice
- Dr. Shara Ally, DNP, MBA, MN, RN
- Dr. Minna Miller, DNP, MSN, NP(F), FNP-BC, FAANP
- Dr. Nancy Turrubiates, DNP, MSN, RN
- Dr. Sonia Valdez, DNP, APRN, ACNP, GANP, CVRN-BC, FAAN
This webinar will promote and foster a climate of multicultural awareness through diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI). Leaders will facilitate interactive conversations driving the development of interprofessional skills to achieve justice in academic and practice communities. Using the constructs of DEI, attendees will leave empowered to affect social change to improve the health of their community.
- Describe terminology and frameworks of DEI and justice instrumental to social change.
- Address how social identity affects interpersonal interactions in education and practice.
- Recognize the complex relationships and challenges encountered in creating multicultural awareness
- Identify leadership methods to increase social resources for DEI in education and practice.
- Implement communication strategies and practical skills to build networks that cultivate and empower DEI leaders.
Educational Format: Panel discussion and lecture series with a Q&A period. This activity will be evaluated by each participant at the conclusion of the lecture.
Target Audience: The activity content is oriented to address the educational & learning needs of professional nurses, practice partners, nursing faculty, student nurses, DNPs, and nursing leaders.
Continuing Education: Western University of Health Sciences, College of Graduate Nursing, Pomona, CA is approved by the Board of Registered Nursing (BRN) to provide continuing education for nurses (Provider Number CEP16821).
Statement: Registered nurses may report up to 3 credit hours toward the continuing education requirement for license renewal by their state Board of Registered Nurses.
Disclosure: As an educational college approved by the BRN, WesternU requires everyone who is in a position to control the content of an education activity to disclose all relevant financial relationships with any commercial interest before the session. All disclosed relevant financial relationships will have been resolved before the commencement of the session. Speakers: Indicated they each have disclosed no relevant financial relationships with commercial interest. The CE planners have nothing to disclose.
Course Directors: Dr. Bethany Thrasher, Dr. Donna Emanuele, Robert Spano, and Irene Cruz indicated nothing to disclose.